So yesterday I woke up with the beginnings of a sore throat. NOT ACCEPTABLE. Eleven days till my half marathon, getting sick is NOT an option. So, I decided to give this cold very little chance of actually surviving, by hitting it with every cold remedy I know at once and hope for the best. Kind of like when you’re trying to beat the boss on Super Mario Bros. No? Just me? Nevermind…
I woke up this morning feeling MUCH better. Not sure which worked, but I’m glad something did! Here is what I did (obvi I am not an expert on cold remedies, this worked for me, but check with your doc):
- Zicam: I always forget about this stuff, but I went to Target before I went to work and I’ve been taking it every three hours. It makes my stomach upset, so I time it around my meals, but it seems to be helping!
- Gypsy Cold Care Tea: Just for the comforting/soothing aspect, I was drinking tea all day. It was great.
- Rest: No working out for me, I’d rather take an extra day or two now to recover than to overdo it and get a cold that lingers past my race. I took that new Vick’s Nature Fusion last night to make sure that I would get a good night’s sleep. It worked. It pretty much tastes like someone mixed meds and honey, and is a little thick, but I liked it.
- Emergen-C: I’ve heard people go back and forth on whether or not this stuff works, but really, I’ll do anything it takes at this point. I sipped on this when I wasn’t sipping on tea 🙂
- Green Juice: I’ve been drinking these like they are going out of style. Spinach, apple, and lemon was really good! The more nutrients the better.
And that’s it! I woke up this morning, not feeling 100%, but feeling a lot better than I was. A few more days of this and I think I will be as good as new! I wish I could take a sick day, but because of the lame construction workers, I can’t stay at home 😦
What are your remedies when you are feeling under the weather?