Hi Friends! Sorry I haven’t posted since Tuesday! It’s so unlike me, I’m sorry. I had one of the most intense weeks I’ve had in a while. It was all I could do to get myself presentable for work, accomplish said work, and get in my training. It was intense.
I sat down late at night to attempt to write amazing, inspiring, and/or yummy posts for you lovelies, and I just couldn’t form complete sentences that made sense. So, today I am here to update you on what’s up.
1. I cut my hair yesterday. Short! (for me anyways). I go to Elena at Reflections Salon near Sugar House, and she is so good at doing EXACTLY what I ask for. If you’re in the area, I highly recommend her, and the salon also has a spa with super affordable treatments. Need I say more? Elena was even sweet enough to curl my hair. Something that never happens. (Let’s see how many pics I can post of myself in the same sweatshirt. I promise I shower and do laundry. Sometimes.)
2. I got some bling in my hair too! I never would have thought about it, I thought that they were huge streaks of tinsel, then Gina over at The Fitnessista shared a pic of hers, and I loved it! So cute and easily hidden if necessary. Once I saw the light pink color, I was sold 🙂
3. I am going to nap today, and I seriously can’t wait. I used to nap a LOT, especially when I first moved here from California, but funnily enough, I’ve cut down on it a lot. But today I am craving one.
4. I love Felicity. Seriously. I’d never seen it, and when I met up with Janae, she was telling me about how much she loves it, and since it’s on Netflix Watch Instant, I was more than happy to jump on board. I can’t stop watching. Felicity and Ben? Felicity and Noel? WHAT’S GOING TO HAPPEN!??!?!?! If anyone spoils it for me, I might cry.
5. I’ve been eating so healthy this week. Even at my holiday party for work, I was golden. Until this morning. I made sausage, biscuits, and gravy. Funnily enough, it was a healthy version. Low fat turkey sausage, mini biscuits, and gravy made from olive oil and whole wheat flour. It was still amazing though. And according to Michael Pollan, you can eat all the junk food you want, as long as you make it yourself. I love it. If I am going to indulge, I’ll make it myself and not feel bad about it.
6. I got in all my training runs/workouts this week. I feel very accomplished, but it might be why I am in need of #3 haha. Check out this view from my “easy” run I did after work one day. (Utah State Capitol, btw.)
7. I put “easy” in quotes because I am starting to notice I am really bad at pacing. Especially when it’s cold. It’s something I need to be more aware of and work at. I can’t just go out and go go go and hope for the best.
8. I am really flaking on getting my family’s Christmas presents in the mail. If I don’t want to have to pay for rush delivery, I need to get going. Even though I still have no idea what to do for half of them.
9. My husband and I recently got a Maghound subscription. For $4.95 a month you get three magazines and can change which titles you get, even every month if you want it! I got Runners World (of course), and I can’t wait till the first issue gets here 🙂
10. I hope by now you know me well enough to know that I couldn’t NOT do an even number. I am so excited to brows the interwebs today to find some new recipe inspiration. Hello Pinterest!
What’s up with all of you? Share something below 🙂