Hello! lovelies!! Thank you all so much for your sweet words of encouragement and amazing advice on my last post. I am still feeling a little down about the whole thing, but I’ve decided that I am going to do everything I can (supportive shoes, icing, stretching, strength exercises, easy runs avoiding hills and hard surfaces) in the next week and if I don’t notice a change for the better, I am going to hit up the doctor. I am also going to ask a physical therapist at my work if they know how to tape for them, and will teach me
Now let’s move on from this lame stuff, and talk about more exciting things. Like the upcoming Thanksgiving festivities. Last week I talked about how to build a smart plate, and the week before, we all set goals and got ready mentally, so this week let’s talk about bringing something to contribute to the meal.
I got into this habit when my husband and I had been together for a while. I’ve mentioned it before, but he has a wheat allergy, so sometimes when we go to parties, he can’t eat unless we bring something. I always ask the host what is going to be served, and if they want me to bring anything. So far it’s been a great way to ensure a healthy (and wheat free) option for us.
So my suggestion is to contact whoever is in charge of the menu and offer to bring something. That way you know that there will be something yummy and healthy for you to eat, regardless of what else is being served.
- Healthier Stuffed Mushrooms (recipe to come in the next day or so)
- Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Veggies and hummus
- Soup (maybe this, this, or this)
- Mixed green salad with goat cheese, dried cranberries, and walnuts (or any salad really)
- Roasted veggie salad (roast any seasonal veggies with a spritz of olive oil and salt and pepper. Cool and serve on greens with pomegranate seeds and a simple vinaigrette.)
- Mashed potatoes a la Oh She Glows (high protein and vegan, a much better option than butter, cream, and gravy)
Are you offering to bring anything to any holiday festivities you are headed to? Or are you the one cooking this year? I am cooking and I can’t wait!