Happy Friday lovelies!!!
I am going to be honest. I’ve been in quite the funk this week. Tired. Cranky. Annoyed. Stressed. Frustrated. All of the above and then some. It’s just been a week. Sorry I’ve been quiet on the blog front, I just knew that my posts would turn into a pitty party and I didn’t want to be that person.
The best way to break out of a funk? Change your ‘tude.
So here is my defunking plan.
- 5K tomorrow. Yeah it’s happening. I am excited. I am run/walking it with a friend from work. No pressure, no time to beat, just getting out there and having some fun!
- A new book. It’s not even 8 and I am already fantasizing about curling up in bed with a good book.
- Get creative in the kitchen. My husband asked me for some gluten free cake pops this weekend, so of COURSE I thought of making pumpkin spice ones. Yeah. This just got awesome.
- Cleaning/organizing. I know it sounds weird, but the clutter is adding to my anxiety (which is already getting out of control) but instead of making it worse and stressing about cleaning I am going to make a list of the top 5 things I want to get done and set a timer to 30 minutes. Then GO. Yes, I have to trick myself into cleaning, and no, I don’t feel guilty about it. (Note: this clearly doesn’t work for things like laundry and dishes, which is why I rarely do laundry and why my husband does the dishes.)
- Make a plan. Both for food and for the blogsie. I’ve been flailing a bit here.
- Have fun! Let’s face it, it’s the weekend.
- Do some fun projects. I want to do some fall decorating and finish the chair project I started a few weeks ago.