Good morning lovelies!! To those of you visiting from my guest post on Tina’s blog welcome!! If you are interested in reading more about me, check out my About Me post and my My Journey post. I’m also training for a half marathon, if you want to read my plan about that.
Because of my little cold this week I’ve fallen a bit behind in my posts, and I completely forgot to do my Fall Into Fitness update! So alliteration aside, welcome to my Fall Into Fitness Sunday post :). For past Fall Into Fitness posts see here (the intro), here, and here.
Last week I put out some goals for the weekend:
- Hit the pavement twice. I did this! Not this weekend though, I still can’t breathe through my nose, today I am thinking a nice long walk is in order.
- Do some blog organizing and planning. I still haven’t updated my my pages, but that is happening today for sure. My guest posts are well under way and I am so excited!
- Make a list of must-read books. I started on this, and then I bought Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern and I just can’t put it down!
- Stick to my training schedule. I am falling more and more behind in my training plan for my 5K, and getting sick didn’t help one bit. I am fired up about the race (on the 15th) and I am just going to use it as a chance to challenge myself and push myself to see what I can do.
- Continue meal planning and making meals ahead of time. This is a huge aspect of helping me meet my goals, neglecting to plan my meals for the week (generally, I am not crazy about it like I used to be, check out my grocery shopping post for more info on that) really makes it hard to stay consistent with my healthy eats.
- Take time to disconnect and truly relax. This is something I really need to focus on. No more iPhone blog checks before bed, no more checking work emails before I hit the hay. I want to create a technology free zone for at least 30 minutes before I go to bed. I am hoping this will help me sleep better and feel like I am having some “me” time.