This morning I am having a hard time coming up with a post. Maybe I am too tired (although my husband accidentally turned off the alarm and we slept till 7… so maybe I slept too long?). Maybe I am distracted by work.
Either way, while I was brainstorming ideas for a post, it dawned on me that they were all related to realizations I’ve made in the past few days, so I thought I would share. Words of wisdom coming at you right now (ok maybe not wisdom, but they are words).
- Working out in the morning isn’t that bad! I loved being out before the day began enjoying the nice weather while it lasts.
- I need to get control over my napping habit. When I was only working till about 2 p.m. I would come home, lunch, nap, gym. Now that I am working till 4 or 4:30, I don’t have that, but I nap at 5. Not good. But since I worked out in the morning I don’t have any evening plans… I need to come up with something that keeps me from napping so darn much.
- I really, REALLY want to go get Flash and Bones today, but I might get a Nook for my birthday (a week from tomorrroooowwwwwww!!), and if that’s the case, I’d rather read it on that. Quite the quandary.
- I want to invest in some nontoxic nail polish. Once I started reading about the toxicity of traditional nail polishes, I’ve been more conscious of what I buy. This weekend while I was moving my bathroom stuff, I got rid of anything that wasn’t deemed “three free” so I have two now… one bright read, and one grey/beige. I want to go to Ulta and grab some Butter London products (after I get some more research about what’s what done). They have remover too that’s supposed to be better for you too. I also just happened to get a coupon in the mail for Ulta yesterday. Win.
- I hate the color of our bedroom. I think it looks horrible, like we’re drowning in minty fresh toothpaste. I need to decide on a new color and paint it Friday before I lose my mind. Also the closet smells weird. Does anyone know how to naturally freshen a space like that? I don’t want to put my clothes in it until it smells better. I am thinking of sprinkling baking soda and letting it sit for a few hours, then vacuum up the excess. Then maybe leave an open box in there.
- If there is anything I have learned from watching reality TV (hello Bachelor Pad) it’s that when confronted with a crazy, always stay level headed. The crazy gets so much more upset and ends up making a fool of itself and eventually sabotages itself. I will be applying this life lesson in a meeting tomorrow.
- My gym membership expired (at our gym you can be month-to-moth, three months, or a year) but I can’t renew until I hear about discount information from my HR department. I inquired over 2 months ago… Until then I will continue to enjoy my morning outdoor jogs and strength training at home
OK, random ramblings done. What’s on your mind today?